ATA RAIL TRANSIT CONFERENCE HELD IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA ON APRIL 14 AND 16, 1974. OPERATIONS SESSIONS.
Five of the papers concern BART's operating experience including the coordination of BART with the bus service on the East side of the San Francisco Bay, passenger relations, and evolution of the BART Police Services Department. Also discussed is some of the history of the planning for BART, the highlights of operating experience and plans for future extensions of service. Four of the papers relate to ridership promotion and fare reduction or incentive techniques of winning new riders to transit. The paper by Victor Strom relates to transit energy conservation programs.
- Prepared by Bay Area Transit, AC Transit, Mass. Bay Transportation Authority, Chicago Transit Authority, and Port Authority of N.Y. and N.J. Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-234 823-SET, PC$12.00.
American Transit Association465 L'Enfant Plaza West, SW
Washington, DC United States 20024
- Raush, R W
- Bingham, A L
- McDowell, W W
- Breiner, L W
- Lindsey, R M
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Market development; Operations; Passenger security; Planning; Rapid transit; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00071842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATA/RT-74/2 Papers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1982 12:00AM