ATA RAIL TRANSIT CONFERENCE HELD IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA ON APRIL 14 AND 16, 1974. POWER AND SIGNALS SESSIONS
Three of the papers relate to power and train control systems for rail rapid transit and Pastor describes the state of the art of automatic train control systems. Engle's paper refers to the environmental problems relative to electronic equipment. The Ledsham paper relates to Thyristor Chopper train controls with regenerative power capability and the Toronto test program with this equipment. The Mombach paper discusses NYCTA study of the relative ability of four different types of subway signal cable to function during a fire and the relative toxicity of their combustion products. Mr. Kalkhof studies the cross bonding of running rails to improve the negative return path for propulsion current, and to minimize electrolysis to adjacent structures.
- Prepared by Bay Area Rapid Transit District, New York City Transit Authority, Hewlett Packard, Inc., and Toronto Transit Commission. Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-234 823-SET, PC$12.00.
American Transit Association465 L'Enfant Plaza West, SW
Washington, DC United States 20024
- Pastor, G J
- Engle, C H
- Mombach, J G
- Ledsham, H T
- Kalkhof, C
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Bonding; Cables; Choppers (Electricity); Electric substations; Electrolysis; Fire retardants; Rail (Railroads); Regenerative braking; Smoke; Solid state devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Low smoke cables; Rail bonding; Solid state
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00071841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATA/RT-74/3 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1982 12:00AM