HEAVYWEIGHT OIL CONTAINMENT SYSTEM
This volume summarizes the results of studies and tests of a heavyweight oil containment system. The system is ship deployed, requiring a minimum of support equipment. The barrier design described uses a water-absorbing foam package for dynamic and static stability and a non-water absorbing foam package for buoyancy. The barrier is stored compressed to 20 percent of its original volume, with the foam compression providing the energy for re-expansion.
Ocean Systems, Incorporated11440 Isaac Newton Industrial Square North
Reston, VA USA 22070
- Publication Date: 1970-6-5
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil booms; Oil sorbents; Oil spills
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil barriers; Oil containment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00019667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-00489-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1973 12:00AM