THE CATERPILLAR 980C WHEEL LOADER
A new Caterpillar wheel loader has been developed as a replacement for the 980B. Functional specifications for the new loader focus on increased productivity, integral operator safety and comfort, improved reliability and durability, improved serviceability, and adequate corporate appearance. Among the features described are the bucket and linkage, structures, power train, hydraulics, operator's station, and serviceability and maintenance. Vehicle design objectives and the development program are summarized.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Earthmoving Industry Conference, Peoria, Illinois, 23-25 April 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Cochran, T E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Design; Safety; Safety equipment; Serviceability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety features
- Old TRIS Terms: Caterpillar tractors
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00386851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790531, HS-029 231U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 30 1984 12:00AM