TOWARDS MORE COMPETITIVE MARINE PROPULSION SYSTEMS
The possibility of providing marine power plants which are more competitive has been examined. It was concluded that simplified, standardized, power plants designed by the systems approach will provide the most satisfactory solution. This recommendation, if implemented, would require a change in policy and outlook for ship designers, power plant specialists and power component manufacturers.
- Presented at New England Section of SNAME, Oct 1970.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Carmichael, A D
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Standardization; Systems analysis; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Competitive propulsion systems; Standardized power plant
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00019631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1971 12:00AM