INTRINSIC SAFETY--WHAT IS IT?
This paper presents a computer program for use in analyzing an intrinsically safe electrical system. The development of this program is based on a discussion of intrinsic safety philosophy. The philosophy is then tied to the steps followed in analyzing an electrical system to see if it will be safe in the hazard in which it will operate.
- Presented at training session sponsored by Wilmington Section of the Instrument Society of America, Appeared in "Electrical Safety Practices", Monograph #113.
Instrument Society of America400 Stanwix Street
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15222
- McKinney, A H
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Pagination: p. 13-28
- Publication of: American Chemical Society
- Publisher: American Chemical Society
- TRT Terms: Electrical systems; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Intrinsic safety (Electrical)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00054213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Instrument Society of America
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM