TO REDUCE DRUNK DRIVING: A BOLD, NEW ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVE IS REQUIRED
A brief historical review of state drinking and driving laws is given, along with a review of drunk driving law enforcement in Norway, Sweden, Britain, France and Australia. A chemistry-based enforcement system, similar to airline inspections where everyone without exception is checked is proposed.
- Paper delivered to International Conference on Drinking and Driving, sponsored by the Insurance Information Institute, Washington, D.C., November 17, 1982.
California Association for Safety Education2784 West Wilberta Lane
Anaheim, CA United States 92804
- Voas, R B
- Publication Date: 1983-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- JOURNAL OF TRAFFIC SAFETY EDUCATION
- Volume: 30
- Issue Number: 4
- TRT Terms: Alcohol breath tests; Chemical tests; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Law enforcement; Legislation; Measures of effectiveness; Police powers; Psychological aspects; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deterrents; Effectiveness; Roadside testing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00385626
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-035 906
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 30 1984 12:00AM