GREAT LAKES UNITIZED TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
This project deals with the design of a unitized barge transportation system to serve the overseas general cargo trade of the Great Lakes region. The system is intended to reduce the amount of port time resulting from the need to stop at many Great Lake ports in order to obtain a full cargo load while also permitting unitization of the cargo in a size suitable for much of the cargo.
- Presented at Gulf Section of Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Carlson, C M
- Mackrell, J R
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Cargo ships; Lashing; Operations; Shipping; Unitized cargo; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Lash; Unitized cargo vessels
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00019622
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1973 12:00AM