ISSUES IN STATEWIDE TRANSPORTATION PLANNING
State governments currently have an intense interest in statewide transportation planning and approximately 25 of them have state departments of transportation. Because of the financial difficulties of many transportation modes and the essential nature of transportation in support of the economy and in community viability, the states, local governments and private industry must consider what actions are required to preserve vital transport services. DOT requested the Transportation Research Board to conduct a study conference on statewide transportation planning. This report contains the proceedings of the conference.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0360859X
- This is a report of a conference held in Williamsburg, Virginia, 21-24 February 1974.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Issues in Statewide Transportation Planning
- Location: Williamsburg Virginia, United States
- Date: 1974-2-21 to 1974-2-24
- Publication Date: 1974
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 262 p.
- Transportation Research Board Special Report
- Issue Number: 146
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0360-859X
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Decision making; Economic development; Energy; Environmental impacts; Finance; Financing; Freight transportation; Governments; Operations; Planning; Politics; Private enterprise; Recommendations; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Research; State departments of transportation; State of the art studies; States; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; State planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00071626
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM