PREDICTION OF CONTAINED AIR TEMPERATURE FROM SAE STANDARD ROLLING RESISTANCE TEST DATA
Truck tire rolling resistance, when determined through the SAE J 1379 test matrix, can be shown to predict cavity air temperature at test equilibrium. Cavity temperatures are determined with the SAE Standard test data, heat transfer relationships, and equations of state. When this method is compared to road test data, the SAE J 1379 test procedure is shown to be more precise, equally accurate, and many times faster to perform than the same test conducted on the road.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Truck and Bus Meeting and Exposition Cleveland, Ohio, November 7-10, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kenny, T M
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Heat transfer; Rolling resistance; Temperature; Testing; Tires; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavity temperatures
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00381953
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831796, HS-036 097
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1984 12:00AM