JETFOIL--THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE
JETFOIL is presented as a hydrofoil with unique capabilities operating world-wide, year-around as a high speed transportation system. A brief historical summary of the JETFOIL program is discussed as well as where the hydrofoils are in-service and the achievement of high fleet reliability. The configuration features of Boeing hydrofoils such as foil arrangement, automatic control, gas turbines and waterjet propulsion are discussed as they affect the specific hydrofoil attributes of speed, ride comfort and agility. Present and future JETFOIL applications in the role of resource protection, offshore transportation, and naval coastal patrol are also presented.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- West Coast International Meeting Vancouver, British Columbia, August 8-11, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Crowley, R T
- Coffey, C S
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet management; High speed ground transportation; Hydrofoils; Reliability; Ride quality
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00381880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831192, HS-035 940
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1984 12:00AM