WHAT AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN ENGINEERS REQUIRE FROM THE P/M INDUSTRY
A case is presented here for revision and augmentation of P/M specifications and standards. It focusses upon the unique properties of these materials and how they are currently treated. Using an example comparison between P/M steels and cast iron, some of the major problems encountered by designers are illustrated. Recommendations for needed changes and additions to existing specifications and standards for P/M steels are made.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Passenger Car Meeting Dearborn, Michigan, June 6-9, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kaufman, S M
- Mocarski, S
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Materials; Powder metallurgy; Properties of materials; Specifications; Standards; Steel; Vehicle components
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00381751
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831032, HS-035 546
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 29 1984 12:00AM