DEVELOPMENT OF TRACK BALLAST MAT
As a result of tests on the New Tokaido Line, aimed at developing speeds to 250 km/h, the laying of rubber mats under the ballast was conceived. Used automobile tires, ground and heat moulded into mats, have proven effective in preventing the pulverization of the NT Line ballast. The cost of track maintenance was reduced and noise and vibration suppressed. It has been decided to totally adopt the ballast mat in the tracks of the nationwide Shin Kansen network and it is possible also on the narrow-gauge lines.
- Also available through Japan Railway Civil Engineering Association.
Japan Railway Civil Engineering AssociationKyodo Building, 18-7 Hagashi-Uyeno 2 Chome, Daito-Ku
- SATO, Y
- Usami, T
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Permanent Way
- Volume: 15
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Japan Railway Civil Engineering Association
- TRT Terms: Ballast mats; Elastomers; Maintenance of way; Mats (Footings); Noise control; Rubber; Technology; Vibration control
- Identifier Terms: Shinkansen
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Rubber mats
- Subject Areas: Construction; Environment; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Permanent Way
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 56
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1976 12:00AM