CANADIAN TRANSIT HANDBOOK. SECOND EDITION
This handbook provides transit operating agencies, municipal, provincial and federal government agencies, suppliers and universities with a comprehensive reference and training document. There is comprehensive statistical data and state-of-the-art descriptions of the provision of public transit services in Canada. Subjects covered include: History of transit; General characteristics of Canadian transit systems; Demand characteristics; Transit surveys; Demand models; Transit technology; Capacity; Costs; Routes and networks; Bus stops and terminals; Transportation systems management; Scheduling; Service monitoring; Service control; Fleet management; Fare policy and collection; Safety and training; Organization (legal and institutional); Budget and finance; Accounting, Marketing; Labor relations; Techniques for modal comparisons; Energy, Service for the Disabled; Transit and land use.
Toronto, ONo M5J 2LS, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Budgeting; Competition; Data collection; Fares; Finance; Fleet management; Labor relations; Management; Marketing; Planning; Public transit; Quality of service; Safety; Scheduling; Surveys; Transportation modes; Travel demand
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00387876
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1984 12:00AM