DWI SANCTIONS: THE LAW AND THE PRACTICE
This study documents state-of-the-art DWI sanctioning practices nationwide and provides new information about the sanctions on the books and those actually imposed on DWI offenders. It provides the first practical review of DWI sanctioning practices in each of the 50 States and the District of Columbia and provides detailed information about mandatory confinement, license actions and community service as DWI sanctions. This operational information will be useful to decisionmakers at the Federal, State and local levels who determine policy for handling DWI offenders.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1983-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Drunk driving; Federal government; Laws; Local government; Policy; Sanctions; State government; State of the art studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00384514
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 417
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 30 1984 12:00AM