DELAWARE ADMINISTRATION FOR REGIONAL TRANSIT. HUMAN RELATIONS TRAINING PROGRAM
This report describes the human-relations workshops conducted by Dr. G. E. Manning of Northern Kentucky University for the Delaware Administration for Regional Transit (DART). Each workshop included employees from all segments of the DART organization and all levels of responsibility from hourly employees to supervisors and top management. Topic of the first workshop was management of stress in life and at work. The second workshop was a sociological and historical examination of why people do what they do, particularly in public service organizations such as transit. The Employee Development Program for DART involved consideration of stress, values, personality and problem solving with the goals of self understanding, communication and teamwork. With EDP as a backdrop, the DART management held a one-day session on Managing for Productivity. Details of the various instructional and discussion materials are included.
Northern Kentucky University, Highland HeightsNunn Drive AC 616
Highland Heights, KY United States 41099
Delaware Administration for Regional TransitWilmington, DE United States
- Publication Date: 1983-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Labor relations; Management; Personnel development; Prototypes; Psychology; Sociology; Supervision; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Umta section 8
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Education and Training; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00382234
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-DE-09-0006
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1989 12:00AM