SOCIETY HILL/QUEEN VILLAGE TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT STUDY. FINAL REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Because of its location on the southeast corner of the Center City and the attractiveness of its residential and commercial areas, this area is facing a number of transportation problems. The major objectives of this study are to give priority to residents and short-term customers/visitors for scarce curbside parking spaces; to reduce the parking and traffic conflicts between residential and commercial areas; to favor local traffic over through traffic; and to improve the pedestrian environment for both visitors and residents. Recommendations include some immediate and low-cost actions and higher-cost physical improvements for a longer term. Certain changes are recommended for the bus services through the area. The report has four parts: (1) An overview of existing conditions in the study area; (2) The process by which a wide range of transportation management strategies were developed and evaluated; (3) The study team's final recommendations; (4) Issues which must be addressed if the recommended strategies are to be implemented.
- Prepared in cooperation with Portfolio Associates, Kopple, Sheward and Day, Vista Systems, Wagner-McGee, Inc; and Dr. Vukan Vuchic.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
Philadelphia Department of Public PropertyTransit Operations and Planning Division
Philadelphia, PA United States
- Publication Date: 1983-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Central business districts; Parking; Pedestrian malls; Residential areas; Traffic restraint; Transportation system management
- Geographic Terms: Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services; Umta section 8
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00381696
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-PA-09-0067
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 29 1984 12:00AM