EQUIPMENT AND STANDARD FOR ROADWAY CONSTRUCTION ACCEPTANCE BASED ON SMOOTHNESS
This study deals with a method for testing smoothness of pavement (both rigid and flexible) for construction acceptance. A multi-wheel profilometer is evaluated for its ability to accruately measure roadway smoothness. Measurement results were correlated with simulated response of other type of smoothness meters based on an absolute survey of road profile. The multiwheel profilograph is recommended for acceptance of pavement based on smoothness. (FHWA)
- This paper appeared in Transportation Research Record N953. Rail Papers-1984
Colorado Department of Highways4201 East Arkansas Avenue
Denver, CO United States 80222
- Griffin Jr, R G
- Publication Date: 1982-2
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Measurement; Profilometers; Road construction; Smoothness; Standards; Testing equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00381333
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CDH-DTP-R-83-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1590
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1988 12:00AM