1982 IOWA ACCIDENT FACTS
The format of the vehicle pages in the 1982 report emphasizes the number of accidents by vehicle type. The 1982 summary again includes alcohol-related accident information (including trends, time of day, day of week, and detailed statistics on the driver, vehicle and environment for alcohol-related accidents); collisions by vehicle type; and accident information for each county by road system. In addition, the individual vehicle pages include seat belt usage information developed from the accident data. Several items should be noted. Accident information concerning the Driver, Machine and Environment for each vehicle type is contained on facing pages. Percentages are based on known information; unknown cases are also noted. Starting in 1979, Iowa fatality figures include all persons who died as a result of a traffic accident on public roads within 30 days of the accident. Previous traffic fatality figures included all persons who died within one year of the accident. The change was made to conform to nationwide standards for reporting highway fatalities.
Des Moines, IA United States 50319
- Publication Date: 1983-8
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles by type; Drunk driving; Fatalities; Manual safety belts; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vehicle type
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00387827
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-036 532
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 30 1984 12:00AM