ROAD SAFETY IN VICTORIA: EXISTING COUNTERMEASURES AND THEIR EFFECT
During 1983, the Joint Investigatory Social Development Committee of the Parliament of Victoria conducted an Inquiry into Road Safety in Victoria. To assist it in the Inquiry, the Social Development Committee engaged RACV Consulting Services to provide technical assessments of existing and proposed road accident countermeasures. This report details the trends in road trauma for the past twenty years, the countermeasures introduced with reference to their effectiveness, and other factors influencing road trauma during the period.
RACV Consulting ServicesN/A, Victoria, Australia
- Publication Date: 1983-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Crash causes; Crashes; Disasters and emergency operations; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Hazards and emergency operations; Measures of effectiveness; Trend (Statistics); Vehicle size
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00387766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt., HS-036 441
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 30 1984 12:00AM