TRANSIT POLICY STUDY VOLUME 5. TRANSIT SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND STATE TRANSIT POLICY
This report examines issues related to transit system operating characteristics in Wisconsin and to the Wisconsin DOT's role of providing financial, management, and information assistance to these systems. WisDOT's past, present, and potential future uses of transit system performance information are discussed. The ramifications of using system performance as a factor in state transit assistance are also included. This report describes and analyzes the positive and negative attributes of expanding the level of state control over the financing and management of local public transit.
Madison, WI United States 53702
- Duffe, J R
- Publication Date: 1984-4
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost allocation; Cost control; Performance; State government; Subsidies; Transit operating agencies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance indicators
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00387689
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 30 1984 12:00AM