WIND COEFFICIENTS FOR NINE SHIP MODELS
Four-component wind coefficients for nine ship models are presented with a short description of the test equipment and the boundary layers in model and full scale. Mention is made of two important secondary wind effects, viz. the effect of side forces results in increased resistance due to drift and the effect of drift angle is a drastic change in the wake pattern.
Hydro-Og Aerodynamisk LaboratoriumHydrodyramics Section
- Aage, C
- Publication Date: 1971-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuverability; Ship motion; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship response; Wake analysis; Wind forces on ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00019569
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: A-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1971 12:00AM