TRANSPORTATION FACTS FOR THE METROPOLITAN BOSTON REGION/1983
This publication provides as much information about as many forms of public and private transportation within the Boston metropolitan region as feasible. Only the most basic data about each mode of transportation is included, avoiding data refined with the use of complex assumptions. The book's predominant formats for presenting information are tables, graphs and maps, all of which are referred to as exhibits. The study area is the 152 communities in eastern Massachusetts defined as the Boston Metropolitan Region. Most information refers to the entire region, but some data covers only the areas served by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority or the Metropolitan Area Planning Council region. The chapters include: Socioeconomic Characteristics; Travel Patterns; Air Transportation; Land Transportation/Private (Network, Accidents, Parking, Ridesharing, Bicycle Transportation); Land Transportation/Public (Jurisdictions-Fares, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail, Special-Needs Transportation, Taxi); Water Transportation; Transportation Legislation; Sources; Bibliography; Index; Map.
CENTRAL TRANSPORTATION PLANNING STAFFBOSTON, MA United States
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 269 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Ferries; Legislation; Metropolitan areas; Modal split; Public transit; Railroad commuter service; Rapid transit; Ridership; Ridesharing; Taxicabs
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Geographic Terms: Boston (Massachusetts); Massachusetts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00386993
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 30 1984 12:00AM