COLD WEATHER TRANSIT TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM. VOLUME 4. INVESTIGATION OF RAIL HEATER RELIABILITY
This report documents the results of the investigation into the reliability of present railroad switch and third rail heaters used in deicing and show removal applications. Phase 4, this report, was directed to operational testing of new heaters to replicate typical failures for examination and analysis to determine the cause and establish correlation with the failed heater failure analysis.
- See also PB84-155407 and PB84-155399.
Notre Dame UniversityCollege of Engineering
Notre Dame, Indiana, United States 46556
- Payne, J N
- Publication Date: 1983-11
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Deicing; Failure analysis; Heating (Structures); Reliability; Snow removal; Switches (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Switch heaters
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00386954
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IN-06-0009-83-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 30 1984 12:00AM