DEREGULATION OF THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY. TASK FORCE FINAL REPORT
The major objective of the task force was to evaluate the impacts of transportation deregulation on the various modal sectors, determine the effects on the states, and prepare recommendations suggesting how AASHTO can take advantage of the proposed (and actual) changes in transportation patterns and policies associated with deregulation. The work of the task force was accomplished in three phases. The various phases are discussed in more detail below. 1. Document Current Deregulation Situation: Basic to an understanding of deregulation is a review of the relevant measures related to this activity. A review of appropriate legislation, industry publications and trade journals was made. All relevant materials were covered. Emphasis was placed on looking to the future. 2. Determine Impacts on Transportation Modes: An attempt was made to quantify the changes that are occurring in order that significant measures of the impacts could be derived. Key questions to be answered in developing this phase were exactly what impacts are relevant and how can they be quantified? 3. Evaluate Impacts and Determine Future Implications: This extremely important phase analyzed took the impacts previously developed and tried to ascertain what effects they would have in the future. From this analysis, advisory and/or policy conclusions and recommendations have been prepared for each mode. (Author)
- This report was prepared by the Standing Committee on Planning.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1983-10
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Deregulation; Forecasting; Impact studies; Laws; Measurement; Mode S; Policy; Quantitative analysis; Research; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quantifying
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00386735
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 30 1984 12:00AM