FASTER TRAIN KEEPS TRACK OF RAILROAD FREIGHT CAR INVENTORY
At any given moment, a railroad freight car in the North American continent may be at any point along some 330,000 miles of track, or on the lines of any one of 73 or more railroads. It may be empty or moving under load; it may be awaiting loading or unloading; it may be undergoing classification in a yard; it may be awaiting repair; or it may be standing idle in surplus. To keep closer tabs on its inventory of over 2-million cars, the Association of American Railroads is upgrading its on-line Train system to provide more information, more quickly, and to add capabilities that its predecessor lacked.
Communication Trends Incorporated181 South Franklin Avenue
Valley Stream, NY USA 11581
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Data Communications User
- Publisher: Communication Trends Incorporated
- TRT Terms: Information systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Train ii
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Data Communications User
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM