APC UNIFORM FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
This final report describes the types of Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) systems available, their current transit applications and suppliers. The report includes an assessment of the perceptions and needs of current and potential users, the costs and benefits of using APC systems, and the market for such systems in Canada. The main focus is development of a set of uniform functional requirements for APC systems in the form of core specifications with optional modules for more sophisticated applications. Outlined are minimum specifications for data acquisition, data recording, data transfer, data processing and minimum operational and maintenance standards. The goal is some standardization in the use, development and manufacture of APC systems. Smaller transit properties should be better able to take advantage of a standardized technology. The report is to be recognized as an industry standard for APC systems.
TransVision Consultants Limited3230 Chaucer Avenue
North Vancouver, BC Canada
Group Five Consulting Limited, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Information processing; Maintainability; Modular structures; Passenger counting; Reliability; Specifications; Standardization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Automated passenger counters
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00386358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transit Topics
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1984 12:00AM