METROPOLITAN TORONTO: THE TRANSIT/DEVELOPMENT CONNECTION
This illustrated booklet provides an insight into the development of the Toronto rapid transit system, its beneficial impact on real estate values and the future relationship between efficient transit and urban development in Metropolitan Toronto. There are before and after photographs of the impact of the subway at various stations since it first opened in 1954 and quotes from major developers involved in the development projects. It is estimated that the subway has had an important role in determining the location of $30 billion in new buildings and will produce a further $20 billion in construction by the end of the century. Toronto is cited as a prime example of the positive benefits to be gained when transit and land use are jointly planned.
Toronto Transit Commission1900 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M4S 1Z2 Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Investments; Land use; Property values; Rail transit facilities; Urban development
- Identifier Terms: Toronto Transit Commission
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00386357
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transit Topics
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1984 12:00AM