SIMULATION AND CONTROL ELEMENT DESIGN FOR A COUPLED AERODYNAMIC/MAGNETIC SYSTEM
Aerodynamic effects are among the many problems raised by the Maglev technique and its industrial application, but until recently they were only regarded as disturbances. Theoretical studies as well as model experiments in wind and water tunnels were only interested in optimizing the shape of the vehicle cell. The most important goals of development were low sensitivity to side-wind and a neutral aerodynamic design of the vehicle nose. The present paper investigates the aerodynamic effects by means of extended models. Aerodynamic effects on the elevation control system are considered by a suitable control element structure.
- Portions are illegible in microfiche products.
Hochschule der Bundeswehr MuenchenFachbereich Elektrotechnik
- SCHNEIDER, E
- Publication Date: 1982-11
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Air resistance; Control systems; Magnetic levitation; Stability (Mechanics); Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00386313
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NP-3770174
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 30 1984 12:00AM