MARKETING AND INVESTMENT STRATEGIES TO INCREASE COMMUTER RIDESHARING. FINAL REPORT
The objectives of the Vanpooling Project were to increase private sector investment in vanpooling and to teach ridesharing promoters how to develop effective marketing strategies. Findings of ASE's initial market analysis indicated a need for efforts in two areas: investment and marketing. The Vanpooling Project was therefore divided into two components, both directed at accelerating the market penetration of commuter ridesharing. The first component consisted of a training program designed to increase the number of ridesharing agencies that use a systematic approach to plan their marketing efforts. A procedural guidebook titled, Strategic Marketing for Ridesharing Professionals, was produced.
- Portions are illegible in microfiche products.
Alliance to Save Energy1925 K Street, NW, No. 507
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1983-7
- Pagination: 290 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuting; Guides to information; Handbooks; Marketing; Ridesharing; Training; Vanpools
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00386292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/CS/24448-T4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FG01-80CS24448
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 30 1984 12:00AM