MITSUI DEVELOPS MARINE TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM
A marine traffic control system, utilizing a combination of radar and industrial television, is described. By means of this system, the course of the ship and that of other ships, a change of speed, waterways within a bay, pertinent landmarks and so on are accurately reproduced on television. What is received by the radar is converted into a compound image in conjunction with the pre-determined ship's course mapped out on the chart; this image is then converted into signals photographed by the industrial television camera and transmitted to the ship. On board the ship, the signals are converted into images on the video monitor. The range of service and a brief description of the operation of the system are also included in the article.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 19
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Driver information systems; Harbors; Radar; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor advisory radar
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00057274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1974 12:00AM