DEVELOPMENT OF GAS TURBINE SIMULATOR USING HYBRID COMPUTER
Research is described for the development of an electronic analog controller for gas turbines which is capable of full automatic control of the turbine unit at its starting and stopping as well as during operation. The control system of the gas turbine is essentially multivariable such that it has to control speed, load, temperature and so forth, therefore it is very difficult to check its matching characteristics to the turbine at design stage. In order to get an effective tool for understanding dynamic response and designing control system at its design stage, the simulator for gas turbines using a hybrid computer was developed. After analyzing the dynamic characteristics of each component over the entire running range, they were simulated in a hybrid computer and investigated the dependability in comparison with actual gas turbine behaviour. The results were satisfactory and it was proved that the simulator could be substituted for an actual machine. The simulation techniques and the results of the test are reported in this paper.
- Full translation available on application to Mitubishi Heavy Industry. Translation fee paid by applicant.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited5-1 Marunouchi, 2-chome, Chiyoda-Ku
Tokyo 100, Japan
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Mitsubishi Juko Giho
- Volume: 9
- Issue Number: 5
- Publisher: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited
- TRT Terms: Control; Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic power plants; Power plant control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057186
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1974 12:00AM