THE DYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF AN ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC SERVO SYSTEM WITH LONG PIPING
In an electro-hydraulic system with long piping, the dynamic characteristics of the hydraulic system cannot be neglected and the dimensions of the piping have to be determined accordingly. The dynamic characteristics of the hydraulic system were measured by a test equipment and analyzed, revealing the following points: 1. The points to be taken into account in calculating the dynamic characteristics of the hydraulic system. 2. When the natural frequency F sub n of the hydraulic system approached the self-oscillating frequency F sub c of the servo system, a low damped vibration occurred. Experimental study clarified that the vibration was prevented under the following condition: When the natural frequency is equal to or greater than 2.5 times the self oscillating frequency. 3. A method to determine the diameters of the piping to increase F sub n under the condition of a constant piping length.
- A full translation of the article is available on application to Mitsubishi. Translation fee paid by applicant.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited5-1 Marunouchi, 2-chome, Chiyoda-Ku
Tokyo 100, Japan
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Mitsubishi Juko Giho
- Volume: 10
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited
- TRT Terms: Electrohydraulic mechanisms; Hydraulic equipment; Steering systems; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Electro hydraulic systems; Hydraulic systems; Steering system design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057126
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1974 12:00AM