Societe IMODCO Europe and Societe IMODCO International stuey, construct, and put in place mooring installations known under the name of Terminal IMODCO. IMODCO has undertaken a study of buoys capable of mooring 500,000 dwt tankers. Mooring by a single buoy, by a single point mooring used by IMODCO, involves a cylindrical, vertical axis buoy, with diameter dependent on the situation. This system permits mooring and branching in less than an hour; towing and piloting are done away with, and more regular rotation is obtained. Conditions too difficult for traditional mooring can be tolerated. Replacing anchors by piles adds to the security of the mooring installation. Research on implanting buoys at depths of 100 m is under way.
Compagnie Francais d'Editions40 rue du Colisee
Paris 8e, France
- Publication Date: 1968-12-27
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Revue Petroliere
- Issue Number: 1121
- Publisher: Compagnie Francais d'Editions
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm improved conventional
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056670
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM