FASTER TURNAROUNDS FOR 500,000-TON TANKERS
The discussion covers the advantages, drawbacks, and economic feasibility of tankers in the 500,000 dwt class; their dimensions; mooring problems; oils loading and discharging problems; the inadequacy of present methods; and some new concepts for coping with these problems, including monomoorings, pivot moorings, dynamic positioning of the ship by computer without mooring, and monomoorings with bow loading and discharge systems, such as bow mooring towers with a submerged arm or with a boom carrying hoses to the bow, bow moorings from the sea bed, monomooring buoys with a boom carrying hoses to the blow, and bow docks.
- Sides, J P
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Pagination: 4 p.
- World Petroleum
- Volume: 39
- Issue Number: 11
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056658
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM