EXPERIENCE OF A SINGLE BUOY MOORING SYSTEM
A single buoy mooring system was installed (from decision to install to completion) in one year by February 1967, to hold tankers up to 165 dwt in winds up to 40 knots. So far a 192,000 dwt tanker has been partially loaded and a 160,000 dwt tanker totally loaded. The system was out of active use for 70 days in 1967 and 35 days in 1968. For the future it must be considered whether this design can be used for tankers up to 500,000 dwt. Problems experienced with the system are discussed.
- Offshore Exploration Middle East Conference (Athens).
- Hubbard, G A
- Publication Date: 1968-12
- Pagination: p. 15
- Techniques du Petrole
- Volume: 23
- Issue Number: 266
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM