ANALYZING MOORING LINE CATENARIES
Tables of nondimensional parameters defining mooring line catenaries for taut, slack, and transition cases are used to solve single point or multipoint mooring systems independent of water depth or mooring line size. The tables can also be used for other mooring design calculations such as undersirable vertical forces on the anchor, maximum force a mooring line can withstand, and additional length of mooring line required for deeper water. Multiple-line mooring systems are solved by simultaneous solution of several single-line mooring systems.
- Collipp, B G
- Publication Date: 1968-5
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Petrol Eng Int
- Volume: 40
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Mooring; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM