ESTIMATE OF HYDRAULIC PRESSURE LOSSES DURING MOVEMENT OF FINELY DISPERSED HIGHLY CONCENTRATED MIXTURE IN PRESSURE PIPELINES
Experiments in 50 m lengths of pipeline of 50, 100, and 150 mm dia with slurries of solid particles in water showed substantial increase in viscosity with increasing concentration of solids. Pressure drop formulas are developed for slurry concentrations of less than 1.20 tons/cu m and for 1.20 tons/cu m.
- Bryukhovetskii, O S
- Zhilin, E V
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Izvestiia Vysshikh Uchebrykh Zave, Geol Razvedka
- Issue Number: 2
- TRT Terms: Pipe flow; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline flow theory; Slurries
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00056135
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM