NEWLY-DEVELOPED TANK CLEANING SYSTEM INSTALLED IN O/O CARRIER
A new system designed for cleaning the cargo tanks of an ore/oil carrier after the oil cargo has been unloaded is described. When the tanks are to be filled with ore, the system can be folded by remote control underneath a deck or a hatch cover. This tank cleaning system consists of a swivel unit, locking unit, a hatch permitting observation of the inside, a hydraulic unit, control stand and jet nozzle, and each of these elements are described in full. Some features of this system are also discussed, among them the system's ability to clean web faces and between brackets under the deck, and others, and system specifications are also included in the article.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 18
- Issue Number: 8
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Combination carriers; Marine safety; Ore bulk oil carriers; Storage tanks; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Obos; Ore/oil carriers; Tank cleaning; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00054982
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM