NEW IDEAS IN STEAM GENERATION MAY BE PRACTICAL IN SHIPS
A brief description and explanation of the concepts of three new types of boilers are presented. The three types described include the membraned tower boiler, fluidized bed boiler, and reheat boilers. Features of each boiler are explained, as are the advantages each has to offer. Areas where possible savings can be realized are also pointed out, including more efficient operation and the use of lower grade fuels.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 79
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Boilers; Electric power plants; Steam power plants; Structural design; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler design; Power plant design; Propulsion plants; Reheat boilers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054981
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM