COMPUTER DEVELOPMENTS WITHIN BRITISH RAIL ENGINEERING LTD
Information, the primary resource of management, is obtained by the processing of data. Large companies therefore have two major problems: firstly maintaining the data in a reliable and consistent manner and secondly controlling the processing of the data to produce the desired information. In BREL, the data management problem is one of considerable magnitude.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Hudson, C J
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Railway Engineering Journal
- Volume: 3
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Computers; Information systems
- Identifier Terms: British Rail Engineering Ltd.
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054955
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Engineering Journal
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM