PRIVATE SIDINGS ENCOURAGE FREIGHT GROWTH IN EUROPE
A survey shows that more than half the freight traffic on Europe's railways originates or terminates in private sidings and the proportion is increasing. Siding to siding movement is seen by several governments as the most effective method of relieving urban road congestion, but the financial inducements and technical assistance given to customers to build private sidings vary widely from country to country.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Accession Number: 00054934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM