COATINGS: A $30 MILLION MARKET--AND STILL GROWING
The railroads represent a $26-30 million market for the coating industry and the market is growing. However, there are increasing shortages in the coating industry and the price of the products are increasing rapidly. The new car market represents about one-half of the total railroad market for coatings. New coatings are being developed that will protect surfaces better and are easier to apply. A thermal shield coating is under investigation for tank cars to reduce the danger of fires in the event of a rupture. Several railways have opened new paint shops in recent years and two of the newest are CP Rail's Ogden Shops, Calgary and Burlington Northern's at Havelock, Nebraska.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Bartley, R D
- Publication Date: 1974-4-8
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Accession Number: 00054919
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways, Headquarters Library
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM