A BALLASTLESS BRIDGE
UN PONTE SENZA MASSICCIATA
The article describes how rails are laid on a ballastless bridge formed by concrete structures with built-in steel girders. This new technique has proved most satisfactory. No rail movement was caused by the passage of 60 million tonnes of heavy traffic and fast trains, thereby rendering any maintenance measures unnecessary.
Collegio Ingegneri Ferroviari ItalianiPiazza Croce Rossa
- Angeleri, G
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Concrete bridges; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Italy
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM