GUIDED TRANSPORT IN THE NORTH AMERICAN CORRIDORS
Current U.S. research programmes--and the investment decisions which will follow--are bound to have repercussions on high speed guided transport in other parts of the world. Certainly there are major problems to be overcome in pushing guided ground transport over the 200 mile/h mark, and the author concludes that rail will continue to play an important role in inter-city travel at more modest speeds.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- PARKINSON, T E
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed ground transportation; Intelligent transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054648
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM