MILLION GALLON "TANK CAR"
General American Transportation, applying the benefits of volume transportation through the unit train, has come up with an integral train concept that it calls a "million gallon tank car." Since it involves handling techniques of storage tanks, it holds potential of improving the distribution of bulk liquid commodities. The new system has a unique combination of interconnects of flexible hoses and special valves. With them a million gallon 40 car tank train can be filled or emptied from a single connection. The train thus brings that capability to the terminal.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: p. 59
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Liquid bulk cargo; Petroleum products; Tank cars; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: General american transportation; Integral train systems; Liquid freight; Tank car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054590
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways, Headquarters Library
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1976 12:00AM