PLANNING VIABLE NETWORK IN THE MIDWEST AND NORTHEAST
The Regional Rail Reorganisation Act which became law on January 2 required the Department of Transportation to submit recommendations for future levels of freight service over a large area of the United States in which eight railways were bankrupt. On February 1 Claude S. Brinegar, Secretary of Transportation, presented his report setting out DOT's recommendations for putting new life into bankrupt and ailing railways in the Northwest and Midwest. This represents the first serious attempt to rationalise the most complex and underutilised part of the US rail network.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Governments; Planning; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054315
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM