MONTREAL TIGHTENS UP FIRE PRECAUTIONS
Tenders to be opened on March 21 for 423 pneumatic-tyred cars required as part on Montreal's 1976-78 metro expansion programme must comply with a new specification designed to reduce heat build-up in tunnels and the associated risks of fire. Floors, walls and ceilings must be of material which does not release noxious gases when heated, and each car must carry fire extinguishers and emergency tools. Choppers with provision for regenerative braking will reduce the amount of waste heat generated, but ventilation inside the cars will also be improved.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Fires; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Passengers; Rapid transit; Safety; Subways; Transportation safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire hazards; Passenger safety
- Geographic Terms: Montreal (Canada)
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00054310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1981 12:00AM