COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS, TWO DIMENSIONAL PLANE STRESS
A FORTRAN computer program is described which can analyse two dimensional plane stress structures, using the displacement method of finite element techniques. Throughout the analysed structure the program provides deflections and principal stresses as well as stresses in the co-ordinate directions. The program can also provide the internal force distribution. The program includes a banded matrix method of solving the simultaneous equations which greatly reduces the cost of the calculation.
Naval Construction Research EstablishmentDunfermline, ZZ Scotland
- McKeeman, J L
- Publication Date: 1971-3
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation curve; Finite element method; Force; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Force mechanics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00019404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCRE/R.563, NSTIC-295/71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1971 12:00AM