INTEGRATED WASTE TREATMENT
A comprehensive marine waste treatment plant based on a special design of fluid bed incinerator is described. The equipment is capable of burning a wide range of materials in various mixes, including those containing appreciable quantities of water and incombustible solids. The process includes equipment which pulps and macerates the waste in the presence of water, a dewatering press, a fluid bed furnace which incinerates the waste, and ash handling equipment, for the collection and eventual discharge of waste ashes. Capabilities of the system, as well as a full description of the fluid bed incinerator, are included.
- One of a series of articles on the disposal of waste materials on board ships.
Whitehall Technical Press Limited29 Palace Street, Westminster
London SW1, England
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering International
- Volume: 96
- Issue Number: 1173
- Publisher: Whitehall Technical Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Pollution control; Sewage treatment; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Waste treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054159
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM